Show more comments.
More On Inquests. News all Most Read Most Recent.
Death and funeral of Bhumibol Adulyadej
Priti Patel MP Priti Patel was 'threatened with a knife by thug outside her house 10 years ago' The Home Secretary Priti Patel claims the blade was pulled on her by a group of youths who were smoking on her garden wall in Witham, Essex, 10 years ago. Crime Disabled man left with possible brain injuries following attack with a rubber hammer A year-old disabled man from Manchester with the mental capacity of a year-old has been left with serious injuries after being viciously beaten up and attacked with a rubber hammer.
Most Read Most Recent.
- OSAT Speech/Drama/Debate (016) Secrets Study Guide: CEOE Exam Review for the Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators / Oklahoma Subject Area Tests?
- BBC News Navigation.
- A Chapter on Ears.
- Punishment and Politics: Evidence and Emulation in the Making of English Crime Control Policy.
Strictly Come Dancing Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse targeted by white supremacists in major security scare Motsi Mabuse, 38, has received death threats that have seen former military personnel brought in to guard the BBC studios where the show is filmed. Top Stories. A total of 86 tigers have died since they were moved from the Wat Pha Luang Ta Bua temple, a tourist attraction known as Tiger Temple, in Thailand's park service said many had died of a virus, having been weakened by the stress of relocation.
Scores of tigers rescued from infamous Thai temple have died: media - Reuters
But conservationists have questioned whether authorities were holding the tigers in safe conditions. The temple's monks, meanwhile, have denied accusations of animal abuse, trafficking and illegal breeding while the tigers were under their care. Since police raids in , the tigers have been held at two breeding stations in nearby Ratchaburi province as it is believed they would have little chance of survival in the wild.
But only 61 of the original have survived in captivity. Many had difficulty breathing or eating, and died as a result. Speaking with Reuters news agency, temple caretaker Athithat Srimanee denied the accusations that the tigers died because of inbreeding.
- Jack the Giant Slayer for Kids (Read-to-Me Books Book 32).
- Giant panda death in Thailand leaves China asking questions.
- The Social Media Start Up Kit: The Simplified Guide to Getting Started in Social Media Marketing & Search Engine Optimization: Social Media Marketing Basics ( The Social Media Start Up Kit);
- Taking a Stand: The Evolution of Human Rights;
- More stories?
- History of Friedrich II of Prussia - Volume 06!
- BBC News Navigation;
He said the government was playing a "blame game". He added that Canine Distemper is treatable with proper food and supplements, access to clean water, and enough space to move around.
- Taking the Easy Way to Clean: A Quicker Way to Clean House.
- Thai actress nearly dies from sudden mysterious illness, Entertainment News - AsiaOne!
- Washington DC vs. Entrepreneurs: DCs Monumental Regulations Stifle Small Businesses (Institute for Justice City Studies).
- What we talk about when we talk about movement: A very short introduction to the Feldenkrais Method®.
- Career as a Hospitalist - Hospital Medicine Doctor (Careers Ebooks).
- Geese Dont Say, Ruff!;
But a limited government budget made this impossible. The deaths of so many tigers in two government facilities has refocused attention on the challenges of managing an ever-expanding population of captive tigers, not just in Thailand, but in neighbouring countries like Laos and China.
Despite pledges by both Thailand and Laos to reduce the numbers of tigers held in captivity on so-called "tiger farms", the populations have continued to rise. Jaded Chouwilai, director of the Women and Men Progressive Movement Foundation, said the case reflects the high risks of abuse, both sexual and nonsexual, toward women in that specialized service sector. The foundation has studied the cases of young women working as sales promoters at beer drinking outlets nationwide, including pop-up booths.
It found that all suffered some manner of abuse: being forced to drink large amounts of alcoholic beverages, molestation, and other physical and verbal attacks.
Thailand Tiger Temple: More than half have died since rescue
Jaded said that stereotyping and discrimination against this group of workers meant they drew little sympathy from the government and society at large. Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Photo: AP.